Saturday, September 08, 2007

it's my life after all

so i carefully prayed to the full moon goddess this month
tried to be a bit more specific than the last time
not sure if she heard my prayers or not
but i did see a double rainbow the very next day
and a single rainbow the day after that
i'm hoping that's a positive sign
and not the full moon goddess laughing at me

"if wishes were horses this beggar would ride"
as i've heard sung by a favorite singer of mine
so maybe it's my turn to ride for a change...
i can hope for that anyway...

it's lonely walking solo all the time...
the world is made for couples
it's shoved in my face on a regular basis
like when my friends all do "date nite"
and alone i sit...without someone to "date"

but i don't think it's fair for me to mislead others
into thinking my feelings are deeper than surface
when that's all i feel...
so rather than continue to hurt them
i end things...rather quickly...
at least according to my friends
who don't completely understand why i don't just settle
especially if the other person treats me well...
but there are lots of other factors to consider..
least of which is how i feel about them...
and if they are talking forever...
i'm talking right now...
then things will never move forward...
mostly because i won't let them...
i'm holding out...
not settling just because others think i should
or just because the other person has my life planned out
because it's my life after all...
and i deserve to be happy...
and someday i hope to find that...
if not...guess i'll just grow old alone
because it's my life after all

2 Comments:

Blogger For Va Jay Jays Only said...

oh my...i'm so happy your back...i been checking in daily...and then again your words match my life...i been going thru the same and its a hard life lately...its helps to know i'm not the only one...you seem to put it in words which i can't seem to find

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home